Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Underwater Dancing Queen.

     What is your favorite marine life? Hard to tell because I like almost everything I see while I dive. It's easier to tell what I don't like because there are very few of them, for example sea snakes or the worms who come to the light when I do night dive.
     Seagrass Ghost Pipefish is one of the animals I like very much. They can makes me excited every time I see them. This animal also known as Robust ghost pipefish. They have the ability to camouflage themselves among sea grass by changing their colors to green, but they can be brown and gray too, it's not so easy to spot them. They can grow to a maximum length of 15 cm, this species feeds on small crustaceans.
     Of the time I seeing them, it's because of the coincidence or luck. And after I dive the same dive site a lot I look for them in the same place, I will see them again. I believe they have short life span because they are there for a few weeks and disappear, many months later you see them back at the same place and then they disappear again.
     They hover close to the bottom with their head pointing down, most of the time in pairs, they must be male and female(not sure), can be male and male too, like humans :-) I like it very much when I see them in shallow water and we have small wave, they move with the waves, it looks like they are dancing.
     Look for them or ask your dive guide about them when you go diving with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures at the Similan.

No comments:

Post a Comment