Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I gained some weight on the live-aboard.

On the first trip to Similan with Mantaqueen I in October 2009. The boat was full and the diving was great. There was no current, no rain and no big waves. We went to Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu rock. We did not meet many divers because it was just the beginning of the season. There are only a few dive boats that go out at that time of the year, so we had almost all the dive sites to ourselves. I had 4 divers in my group, two of whom were from Russia. They could not speak much English, so we used a lot more hand signals on the boat than in the water, but we had a lot of fun and did some nice diving together. I show them the picture of the fish we saw after every dive.

Another of my jobs besides guiding is to tell people which dishes are spicy and which are not. I like to do that a lot because it's funny to see the faces of people when they like spicy food or  are scared of spicy food as they are not used to it. Most of the food is not spicy anyway, but sometimes we had one dish a little bit spicy to make people excited. The breakfast is European, we had eggs, toast, sausage, jam, bacon and ham. Lunch and dinner were a mixture of Thai and European food, changing all the time for the whole trip. The food tasted so good and I'm always hungry after every dive so I ate a lot on that trip.

After 4days/4nights the trip was over and we all came back to Khao Lak. I went back to my room to change my clothes and found out that some of my trousers were so tight. I suddenly realized that I ate too much on the boat in the last 4 days. But I could not help it as the food on the boat was so good. I felt like I was on a floating restaurant surrounded by great views of the islands, the beach and the sea.Thank you to the chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment