Monday, January 24, 2011

Similans today.

    It's a sunny day, calm sea. Today is my day off, I'm going snorkeling and diving at the Similan islands with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures, the company I'm working for. As soon as I hear the sound of the 3 engines speed boat, my heart beat faster, I feel so excited. The speed boat is so big that some of us can lay down on the seat and have a nap. This speedboat can take 40 passengers but we were only 20 people, I didn't feel crowded. A few needed to use the toilet on the speed boat, how nice, we have toilet on the speedboat : - )
     It takes only 1 hour 15 minutes to get to the Similans by speedboat. Everybody gets on the big boat that is waiting for us there (MV Seagull) and have some fruit, tea coffee and toast. After boat briefing and some food, I get back on the speedboat again to go snorkeling at Similan island number 8, Donald Duck bay. I see big parrot fish, Unicorn fish, Clown fish, Surgeon fish, Turtle and many more. I swim to the beach and walk around, the sand is white, soft and fine like powder. 
     After 1 and half hour snorkeling, the speedboat bring me back to the big boat for lunch. Oh my Buddha, good food, good taste and variety of choices. I have to tell myself not to eat too much.
     After lunch, I go diving at Three Trees on island number 9. We have mild current, the visibility is about 20 meters. After a few minutes into the dive I see big Dog tooth tuna and then Giant moray, Clown trigger fish, school of big Barracuda and again big dog tooth tuna and then Peacock Mantis shrimp, Turtle, Banded sea snake and end my dive with Giant Puffer fish. There is a big rock at about 20 meter that cover with colorful soft coral, Yellow sea fan and Table coral. There are many small fish, Grouper and shrimps living around the rock.
     Everybody in the group come up with big smile. It's a very special day for me. Can not wait until my next day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment