Sunday, December 5, 2010

What does a lucky Dive Master winner do when she is not diving?

As much as I love diving and being on the sea with KSA and our lovely customers, I unfortunately can't do it everyday. So what can a happy DMT do when she has some time off from the big blue?
Actually Khao Lak is full of adventures and hidden gems, if you know where to look. So I will share some of my favorite spots, for all of you to enjoy when you're not diving ;-)

There are lots of beautiful waterfalls in the area, and if you rent a motorbike they're all in driving range from Khao Lak. My particular favorite is the Chong Fa waterfall in Bang Niang, just a 15 minutes drive and then a little walk through a stunning rain forest and then you can enjoy the luxury in having your own little waterfall-shower!

Another favorite is a wonderful stretch on the beach, called Khuk Khak Beach - or in daily speech just called Sunset Beach. As the name indicates this is a perfect spot to enjoy the sunset, but also to learn to surf or just walk the endless beach and soak up the sun.
A bonus to Sunset beach is that you actually drive past the Khao Lak Elephant Camp, and if you drive home in the afternoon you will have the pleasure and fun of meeting the elephants on their way home to the fields where they grass freely in the evening. Last time I was there, I had a surprise "snuggle" with an elephant who took great interest in me and my yellow helmet! Fortunately I had a banana in my bag, so we quickly stroke up a friendship :-)
     So for all you coming to Khao Lak and diving with friends, Khao Lak Scuba Adventures, you will find that the rest of the little town measures up to the fantastic diving. Come and enjoy it :-)
                                                                    Story by: Jo
                                                                    Post by: Khao Lak Scuba Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment