Sunday, April 17, 2011

My first day trip on M/V Manta Queen III.

Happy safety stop : - )
I saw a few at Barracuda point.
Once again on my day off, I went diving and snorkeling with new boat Manta Queen III. My friend from Sweden is visiting me here in Khao Lak and he came on the boat with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures to snorkel. I did my first dive at Barracuda point. A minute after descending I saw a big school of Yellow Tail Barracuda. What a dive site, full of Garden Eels. The dive guide said "you are not allowed to touch anything underwater except Garden Eels" HAHAHA! These Garden Eels are very shy, when you get close, they will move into the sand and disappear. No one got a chance to touch them. I saw many colorful Nudibranches, Flounders, a few Giant Morays and beautiful soft corals. It was an easy, relaxed dive.

I went snorkeling with my Swedish friend in the afternoon at Hide Away Bay Islands number 5 and 6. We swam for 1 hour and saw a Great Barracuda that was bigger than my leg, big Jacks and school of small common reef fish. The sea was calm and we swam around island number 5.

The boat crew were helpful and the food was good. My friends and I had a very good time. Thank you to Mr. Oh (my boss) for my lovely day off, I'm looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment